Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Lonely Road


Well folks, the inevitable did happen I drove across Kansas [and on into Nebraska]. So let me fill you in a few little known facts that I discovered along the way.
1. North Texas will soon have to place the skunk on the endangered species list. I counted nearly thirty dead skunks on the road.
2. Folks in west Kansas must eat the skunks before they make it to the road to become road kill.
3. Paul Bunyan played baseball. There is a giant immortalized steel baseball in western Kansas that has been converted into some sort of storage facility.
4. Map Quest is a free service and therfore can not be held accountable for errors in their directions.
5. Getting lost at night, in a rain storm, travling roads that are unfamiliar is not a good thing to do when you have alreadhy been on the road for 10 hours and have to start a new job at 8:00am the following morning.
6. Don't be fooled into thinking that just because a Comfort Inn was taken over by another roach, that the service is going to be any better.
7. I doubt Boot Hill really looks like a boot. I came this close [------------------------------------------------] to stopping to take a look for myself.
8. I now know why Banks charge all those hidden and less hidden and down right reach into your pocket and extract your money fees are needed.
9. If I think of any more, I'll try to post them as comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a testimony of #4.

Best,

CW

Lisa said...

I hope you love Lincoln. I grew up there, you know, and loved it. Wendysue and I have known each other since we were 2 years old, and so I say with all confidence that you should trust her as your guide. Just remember to always wear red on game days and you'll fit in just fine! (Bonus tip: When you're unpacking boxes, order some Valentino's pizza.)